A Private Family Tour of Southern China – Hong Kong, Sanya, Guilin, Yangshuo, Shanghai
13 Days / 11 Nights – Tour Code (SCF)
Searching for that unforgettable family holiday that will bring you memories of a lifetime? Our Southern China Family Odyssey program features an uncommon journey to Southern China’s top spots – sporting a tasteful blend of the great outdoors, heartwarming cultures, bustling cityscapes and a blissful beach escape. Interested? Read on.
Your unforgettable voyage begins in Hong Kong, forever known as the “Pearl of the Orient”, a sophisticated, diverse and bustling metropolis where millions come to savor its culinary delicacies, hunt for extraordinary shopping bargains, and immerse in the city that never sleeps. Here, indulge in Hong Kong’s countless array of uncommon experiences – everything from super-fine dining restaurants to irresistible street foods, rustic fishing villages to action packed night markets. In a flash, we transcend our body and mind from the bright lights and the big city to the tropical island paradise of Sanya. Situated on the southern-most tip of China blessed with 300 days of bright sunny skies annually, Sanya rewards the visitor with its pristine white sandy beaches, lush mountain sceneries and timeless culture ever so unique to this region of China.
Next, destination Guilin. There will be nothing short of bewilderment as your flight makes its final descend upon this mystical land called Guilin. Its stunning landscape of karst mountains and tranquil rivers has for centuries mesmerized poets, artists and visitors alike from around the globe. Here, embark on a riverboat journey along the majestic Li River. Explore Yangshuo’s beautiful countryside by bicycle amid lush rice paddies, quaint villages and free roaming water-buffalos. Trek the spectacular Moon Hill and treat yourself to breathtaking panorama like nowhere else on Earth. Guilin promises memories of a lifetime.
Last but not least: Shanghai, a world class metropolis famous for its space-like skyline, fantastic shopping, top-notch cuisines and endless entertainment. Oh, be sure to fasten your seat beats on board the planet’s fastest MagLev Train. One of the world’s most advanced technological locomotives that feature a magnetic levitation system that propels a train with no wheels, wings or engine at a top speed exceeding 300 mph. But don’t blink — there is a lot that can missed with a bat of an eye!
Economy Class Air via Cathay Pacific Airways from the U.S.
- One way Hong Kong / Sanya / Guilin / Shanghai Airfares
- 11 nights hotel accommodations per itinerary
- Hotel American Breakfasts Daily
- Meals as specified per itinerary
- Private Tour: Sightseeing & Transfers by private car, driver and Professional Guides
HONG KONG (3 nights)
- 3 nights at The Royal Garden Hong Kong
- Private Half Day Walking Tour of Hong Kong Island with visits to Victoria Peak, Central & Western Districts via public transportation
SANYA (3 nights)
- 3 nights at The Sheraton Sanya
- Private Excursion to Monkey Island with Cable Car Ride
GUILIN / YANGSHUO (2 nights)
- 1 night at Shangri-la Guilin
- 1 night at Green Lotus Hotel in Yangshuo
- 2 full days of extensive private sightseeing per itinerary
- Cormorant Night Fishing Excursion
SHANGHAI (3 nights)
- 3 nights at Renaissance Yu Garden Hotel
- Full day private sightseeing including the Bund, Yu Yuan Garden, Shanghai Museum & Urban Planning Exhibition Center
- Evening Shanghai Acrobatics Performance
- A ride on a ultra-fast MagLev Train with speeds of 430km/hr
Day 1. Depart USA
Depart USA for Hong Kong via Cathay Pacific Airways.
Day 2. Arrive Hong Kong
Upon arrival and clearing customs, you will be met and transferred to your hotel by private car.
Day 3. Hong Kong
Hong Kong: Enjoy a morning private walking tour via public transportation to explore Hong Kong’s Central & Western Districts. Starting with a ride on the Star Ferry, we visit Central District, the business and financial hub of Hong Kong – a glittering show of mirrored towers, multi-million dollars high-rises and designer shops. Take a tram ride up to Victoria Peak, one of Hong Kong’s must-sees offering panoramic views of the Hong Kong Harbor. Afterwards, visit a local wet market and take a ride on the historic double-decker Tramway (time permitting) before returning to your hotel by subway (MTR). Enjoy the balance of the afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 4. Hong Kong
Full day free at leisure to explore Hong Kong on your own. (B)
Day 5. Hong Kong / Sanya
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Sanya. Upon arrival, be met and transferred to your resort for next 3 nights accommodation. (B)
Day 6. Sanya
Enjoy a fascinating visit to Nanwan Monkey Island, a island nature preserve home dedicated to the endangered Macaque Monkey. The island boasts China’s longest transoceanic ropeway (7014 feet long), hundreds of plant & animal species amid a tranquil coconut palm setting, pristine sandy beaches, and rustic fishing villages. Return to your resort in the afternoon and enjoy the balance of the day at leisure. (B)
Day 7. Sanya
Full day free at leisure in Paradise. (B)
Day 8. Sanya / Guilin
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Guilin. Upon arrival, commence sightseeing of Guilin City as time permits, visiting Fubo Hill, Elephant Trunk Hill & Flute Reed Cave. Enjoy an international buffet dinner at the hotel. (B,D)
Day 9. Guilin / Yangshuo
Today’s tour takes you on a cruise down the majestic Li River to the charming artisan village of Yangshuo. Upon arrival, enjoy a leisurely bike ride, passing through local farms and villages, to the spectacular Moon Hill, where you can embark on a 45 minute hike to the top of the hill to enjoy the stunning landscapes of Yanshuo’s magical countryside. This evening, enjoy a Cormorant Fishing Show to witness how the ancient fishermen bring home their catch. Overnight in Yangshuo. (B,L)
Day 10. Yangshuo / Shanghai
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Shanghai. Upon arrival, be met and transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the balance of the day at leisure. (B)
Day 11. Shanghai
Enjoy a full day city tour of Shanghai that includes The Shanghai Museum, Urban Planning Exhibition Center, Yu Yuan Gardens, Old Town and the Bund. This evening, enjoy a Chinese dinner followed by an acrobatic performance. (B,L,D)
Day 12. Shanghai
Full day free at leisure to relax, shop and explore the vibrant city of Shanghai on your own. (B)
Day 13. Return Home
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight home. (B)
|2015/16 Price Chart (Prices valid through March 31, 2016)|
|Daily Departure||Land Only||SFO/LAX||NYC||Single Supplement|
|January – February ’15||4,155||4,995||5,095||1,755|
|July – August||3,925||5,075||5,275||1,515|
|Tour Requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate|
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy
- Price includes all entrance fees, domestic air taxes, hotel taxes & service charges
- Price excludes personal expenses, beverages, gratuities to guides and drivers
- For Air & Land Option
- U.S. & Foreign departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are not included (Approx. $250 – subject to change)
- When Trans-Pacific travel takes place on a weekend (Fri-Sun), add $50 per person each direction.
- *A supplement of $400 (SFO/LAX) | $500 (JFK) applies for departures between December 10 – 31
- For add-on fares from eligible connecting U.S. domestic cities, please refer to Connecting Cities chart.
- Land-only price includes China Domestic Airfares
- Holiday surcharges applies for stays during the following periods: Feb. 8-18; May 1-10; Oct. 1-10; Dec. 24 – Jan. 05
- China visa required for entry. Not included in package. Passport must NOT expire within 6 months from end of trip.
- All flights, hotels and land services are subject to availability at time of reservation
Private Walking Tour of Hong Kong Island with a visit to Victoria Peak
- Private Excursion to Monkey Island with Cable Car Ride in Sanya
- Cormorant Night Fishing Excursion in Guilin
Li river Cruise and Countryside Tour including hiking and/or biking
Price Starting From: $4,885
“Thank you for the most marvelous, interesting trip to China. It will remain with me forever…I am grateful to have been able to visit China & your guides made it so much more memorable“
This post is also available in: Spanish