A Private Japan Tour – Tokyo, Kawagoe, Hakone, Kyoto
7 Days / 6 Nights – Tour Code (PVJ)
Land Only – Departs Daily
At last, personalized service in Japan without the exorbitant price. This meticulously crafted itinerary boasts a unique opportunity to create your very own version of Japan that is exclusively yours, maximizing your Japan vacation experience to the absolute fullest in just seven days. Accompanied by your very own private guide, you’ll explore, sample and immerse in Japan’s myriad of alluring sights, sensational cuisines and timeless culture that are simply irresistible.
Starting with Tokyo, one of the most vibrant and modern cities in the world, we soak up this electrifying cityscape of contrasts: between the old and the new, the traditional and modern that makes Tokyo an exciting place for travelers to visit the world over. With your private guide as your co-pilot, we explore Tokyo’s fantastic sights via its vast transportation system that boasts an experience in and of itself. Visit the world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market, a vibrant locals market lined with sushi stalls featuring the day’s freshest catch; Sensoji Temple and its colorful Nakamise shopping street; the architectural marvel of the awe-inspiring Tokyo SkyTree, the Sacred Meiji Shrine, plus a chance to broaden your culinary repertoire with a fun-filled Sushi-making lesson. Next, embark on a time journey from the hustle & bustle of Tokyo to the tranquil castle town of Kawagoe. A hidden gem located only 45 minutes from Tokyo, this little town often referred to as “Little Edo”, never ceases to delight the visitor with its sleepy atmosphere steeped in rich heritage reminiscent of Old Japan. Sample Kawagoe’s famous local eats, stroll through this sanctuary of unsurpassed charm dotted with quaint wooden homes and colorful shops, and catch a glimpse of Japan’s ancient customs and traditions that dates back to the great Edo Period.
No visit to Japan is complete without feasting your eyes on the legendary Mount Fuji. Embarking on a scenic adventure to Hakone, we ascend on the Hakone Ropeway rewards the patron with spectacular views of the majestic Fuji San, enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Ashi and spend a day in Owakudani Valley’s lush beautiful countryside of rolling hills and green tea plantations. Then, fasten your seatbelts on an exhilarating ride aboard the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to Kyoto, the ancient capital of Japan for more than a thousand years forever known for its history and culture, casting an image of Old Japan with accented by ancient Buddhist temples, stunning palaces and beautiful classical gardens.
From Tokyo’s ultra-modern skyscrapers to Kawagoe’s Kurazukuri houses; Asakusa’s colorful shopping arcade to Tsukiji’s mouth-watering sushi-stalls and street food stands; Roppongi’s bustling nightlife to Gion’s serene alleyways. They’re all here. Your most unforgettable Japan vacation awaits.
- 6 nights Deluxe Hotel Accommodations of your choice
- Hotel American Breakfasts Daily
- Lunches as specified per itinerary
- Private Sightseeing by private guide utilizing public transportation
TOKYO (3 nights)
- 3 nights at Grand Pacific Le Daiba |ANA InterContinental Tokyo (Package A) OR Cerulean Tower Hotel (Package B)
- Full day private tour of Tokyo
- Full day private tour of Kawagoe
- Tempura or Sushi Making Culinary Lesson
- One way Bullet Train Ride between Hakone & Kyoto
- Airport transfers by reserved private taxi upon arrival
KYOTO (3 nights)
- 3 nights at Hotel Okura or Royal Park Hotel (Package A) | Hyatt Regency Kyoto (Package B)
- Half private bicycle tour visiting Golden Pavilion, Arashiyama (Bamboo Forest) and Ryoan temple (Rock Garden)
- Private meet & greet with taxi transfers from Kyoto Station to hotel upon arrival
- Airport transfers to Osaka Airport (Itami or Kansai) by shared shuttle van
Day 1 Arrive Tokyo
Upon arrival at Narita Airport, be met and transferred to your hotel by reserved private taxi for your next 3 nights’ accommodations.
Day 2 Tokyo
Today, enjoy a full day walking tour of Tokyo accompanied by your private guide (using public transportation). Visits include Tsukiji Outer Fish Market, the revered Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Kannon Temple and its colorful Nakamise Shopping Arcade, and the awe-inspiring Tokyo SkyTree, the highest self standing tower in the world. In addition, enjoy a fabulous Sushi or Tempura making lesson where you will prepare your very own Japanese Lunch. (B,L)
Day 3 Tokyo (Kawagoe)
Today, travel back in time on an excursion to Kawagoe, a small town famous for producing Soy Sauce & Japanese Candy. Often referred to as “Little Edo”, Kawagoe retains the heritage and charm of Old Japan during the Edo Period in the 15th Century. Enjoy sightseeing of Tokino Kane (Bell Tower), Matsuri Festival Museum, Kashiya Yokocho (Japanese Traditional Candy District), Matsumoto Soy Sauce House and Kitain Temple. Return to Tokyo in the afternoon. (B)
Day 4 Tokyo / Hakone / Kyoto
Using public transportation, we explore the scenic area of Hakone, home to the ever-sacred Fuji San. Here enjoy various sights within Owakudani Valley known for its lush Green Tea farms and mountain scenery, a ride on the Hakone Ropeway as well as a boat cruise on Lake Ashi. Lunch is served at a local restaurant. Proceed to Kyoto by Shinkansen (Bullet Train) in the afternoon. Upon arrival, be met and transferred to your hotel by taxi. (B,L)
Day 5 Kyoto
This morning, enjoy an invigorating biked ride through several of Kyoto’s famous sights. Your tour includes visits to the Golden pavilion, which is the most famous tourist spot; Ryoan temple, home of the most famous rock garden; and Arashiyama famed for its bamboo forest. At the end of the tour, you will make your way back to Kyoto by local train on your own. Balance of the afternoon at leisure. (B)
Day 6 Kyoto
Full day free at leisure to relax and explore Kyoto and nearby attractions (Nara, Osaka, Himeji, etc.). Optional tours to Lake Biwa, Nara Ancient Capital and Osaka are available upon request. (B)
Day 7 Return Home
Transfer to the Kansai or Itami Airport in Osaka by shuttle van for your departure flight home. (B)
****END OF PROGRAM****
|2017 Price Chart (Prices Valid Thru December 20, 2017)|
|Daily Departure||Twin Sharing||Single Supplement|
|February – March*||A||3,525||1,015|
|June – September||A||3,545||995|
|Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate|
- Prices are per person, based on double occupancy and minimum of 2 passengers
- Price includes entrance fees, hotel taxes & service charges
- Price excludes all airfares, personal expenses, beverages during included lunches
- Tour commences in Tokyo and ends in Kyoto.
- Sightseeing utilizes public transportation with services of English-speaking guides on private basis
- Tour prices are based on travel completing within the above said period. Due to hotel rate differences, proration of tour price may be required for travel spanning two calendar months. Contact us for details.
- Peak Season Surcharge for stays in Kyoto applies for the following:
- Hotel Okura: Add $80 per person/night to APRIL/NOVEMBER price for stays between Mar.26-Apr.16; Nov. 12-Dec.3, 2016
- Hyatt Regency: Add $40 per person/night to APRIL/NOVEMBER price for stays between Mar.20-Apr.9. 1-15; Nov. 19-Dec.10, 2016
- Blackout dates apply during Japan Golden Week (Apr. 29-May 6), December Holiday period and other Japan National holidays
- All hotels and land services are subject to availability at time of reservation
- Private Tokyo Tour including a visit to the world famous Tsukiji Fish Market & Imperial Palace East Garden Tempura or Sushi Making Culinary Lesson
- Private Excursion to the ancient town of Kawagoe with visits to Kashiya Yokocho (Japanese Traditional Candy District), Matsumoto Soy Sauce House
- Private excursion of Hakone visiting Owakudani Valley with a ride on the Hakone Ropeway and Lake Ashi boat cruise
- Full day Bicycle Tour of Kyoto including Gion District, Golden Pavilion & Heian Shrine.
Price Starting From: $3,445
“The guides were punctual, friendly, and knowledgeable. The hotels were all conveniently located near the subway station. Overall it was a memorable trip for our family and we would highly recommend Explorient to anyone..”