A Private Japan Tour – Tokyo, Kawagoe, Hakone
7 Days / 5 Nights – Tour Code (PVT)
At last, personalized service in Japan without the exorbitant price. This unforgettable 6-Day private tour of Tokyo boasts a unique opportunity to experience all the fantastic sights, sounds and tastes this electrifying city has to offer, allowing you to create your version of Japan – YOUR WAY.
Arguably the Planet’s most modern metropolis renowned for its vivacious energy, Tokyo is an absolute sensory overload for the first-time and frequent visitors alike. It boasts an electrifying cityscape of contrasts: between the old and the new, the traditional and modern, that makes Tokyo unlike anywhere else in the world. With your private guide as your co-pilot, we explore Tokyo’s fantastic sights via its vast transportation system that boasts an experience in and of itself. Visit the world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market, a vibrant locals market lined with sushi stalls featuring the day’s freshest catch; Sensoji Temple and its colorful Nakamise shopping street; the architectural marvel of the Tokyo Tower, the glamorous Ginza District, plus a chance to broaden your culinary repertoire with a fun-filled Sushi-making lesson.
Next, embark on a time journey from the hustle & bustle of Tokyo to the tranquil castle town of Kawagoe. A hidden gem located only 45 minutes from Tokyo, this little town often referred to as “Little Edo”, never ceases to delight the visitor with its sleepy atmosphere steeped in rich heritage reminiscent of Old Japan. Sample Kawagoe’s famous local eats, stroll through this sanctuary of unsurpassed charm dotted with quaint wooden homes and colorful shops, and catch a glimpse of Japan’s ancient customs and traditions that dates back to the great Edo Period.
No visit to Japan is complete without feasting your eyes on the legendary Mount Fuji. Embarking on a scenic adventure to Hakone, we ascend on the Hakone Ropeway that rewards the patron with spectacular views of Fuji San, enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Ashi and spend a day in Owakudani Valley’s lush beautiful countryside of rolling hills and green tea plantations. We cap off the day with an exhilarating ride on a speeding Bullet [Train] traveling in excess of 180mph that zooms you back to Tokyo in just 30 minutes!
From ultra-modern skyscrapers to ancient temples & shrines; colorful shopping arcades to lush tranquil countrysides; Kawagoe’s cobbled streets to Harajuku’s eclectic nightlife. They’re all here. Come and define your own version of Japan.
- Economy Class Air via All Nippon Airways / UNITED from USA
- 5 nights Deluxe Hotel Accommodations of your choice
- Hotel Breakfasts Daily
- Lunches per itinerary
- Private Sightseeing by private guide utilizing via public transport
- Roundtrip Airport Transfers by reserved private Taxi upon arrival and departure
TOKYO (5 nights)
- 5 nights at Grand Pacific Le Daiba | Courtyard Marriott Ginza (Package A) OR Cerulean Tower Hotel (Package B)
- Full day private walking tour of Tokyo
- Full day private walking tour of Kawagoe
- Full day private walking tour of Hakone
- Japanese Culinary Lesson featuring Sushi OR Tempura-making
- One way Bullet Train Ride between Hakone & Tokyo
Day 1 Depart USA
Depart USA for Tokyo via All Nippon Airways / United Airlines
Day 2 Arrive Tokyo
Upon arrival at Narita Airport, be met and transferred to your hotel by reserved private taxi for your next 5 nights’ accommodations.
Day 3 Tokyo
Today, enjoy a full day walking tour of Tokyo accompanied by your private guide (using public transportation). Visits include Tsukiji Outer Fish Market, Asakusa Kannon Temple and its colorful Nakamise Shopping Arcade, Tokyo Tower and the glamorous Ginza Distrct. In addition, enjoy a fabulous Sushi or Tempura making lesson where you will prepare your very own Japanese Lunch. (B,L)
Day 4 Tokyo (Kawagoe)
Today, travel back in time on an excursion to Kawagoe, a small town famous for producing Soy Sauce & Japanese Candy. Often referred to as “Little Edo”, Kawagoe retains the heritage and charm of Old Japan during the Edo Period in the 15th Century. Enjoy sightseeing of Tokino Kane (Bell Tower), Matsuri Festival Museum, Kashiya Yokocho (Japanese Traditional Candy District), Matsumoto Soy Sauce House and Kitain Temple. Return to Tokyo in the afternoon. (B)
Day 5 Tokyo (Hakone)
Using public transportation, we explore the scenic area of Hakone, home to the ever-sacred Fuji San. Here enjoy various sights within Owakudani Valley known for its lush Green Tea farms and mountain scenery, a ride on the Hakone Ropeway as well as a boat cruise on Lake Ashi. Lunch is served at a local restaurant. Return to Tokyo by Shinkansen (Bullet Train) in the afternoon. (B,L)
Day 6 Tokyo
Free at leisure to relax, shop and explore Tokyo on your own. (B)
Day 7 Return Home
Transfer to the airport by private taxi for your departure flight home. (B)
****END OF PROGRAM****
|2015 Price Chart (Prices valid through December 22nd, 2015)|
|Daily Departure||Land Only||SFO/LAX||NYC||CHI||Single Supplement|
|January – March||A||3,095||4,195||4,295||4,345||965|
|April – May||A||3,125||4,375||4,475||4,525||945|
|July – August||A||3,125||4,695||4,795||4,845||925|
|Sept. – December*||A||3,175||4,375||4,475||4,525||995|
|Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate|
- Prices are per person, based on double occupancy and minimum of 2 passengers
- Price includes entrance fees, hotel taxes & service charges
Price excludes personal expenses and beverages during included lunches
- Sightseeing via use of public transportation with services of English-speaking guides
- For Air & Land Option:
- When Trans-Pacific travel takes place on a weekend (Fri-Sun), add $50 per person each direction.
- U.S. & Foreign departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are not included (Approx. $450 – subject to change)
- A supplement of $400 (SFO/LAX) | $500 (NYC/CHI) applies for departures between December 14 – 24
- Add-on fares are available for eligible connecting U.S. domestic cities, contact us for availability & pricing
All services are subject to availability at time of reservation
- Private Tokyo Tour including a visit to the world famous Tsukiji Fish Market & Imperial Palace East Garden
- Tempura or Sushi Making Culinary Lesson
- Private Excursion to the ancient town of Kawagoe with visits to Kashiya Yokocho (Japanese Traditional Candy District), Matsumoto Soy Sauce House
- Private excursion of Hakone visiting Owakudani Valley with a ride on the Hakone Ropeway and Lake Ashi boat cruise
Price Starting From: $4,195
“We had a once in a life time AMAZING journey we’ll remember forever. The guides, destinations, food, hotels, and activities were all perfect…..You were amazing throughout the entire process, and you organized the tour of a lifetime for us. Thank you!”.”