A Private Tour of China & Japan – Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Beijing, Xian, Shanghai
15 Days / 13 Nights – Tour Code (PJC)
Private Tour – Daily departure
Traveling in style, this sensational 16-day Japan and China tour showcases each country’s flagship cities, boasting a myriad of unforgettable sights, sounds and tastes – everything from awe-inspiring landmarks to vibrant cityscapes to tantalizing cuisines, all in the comfort and exclusivity of your personal guides at your service.
Starting with Japan, a land of fascinating contrasts between the old and the new, the traditional and eclectic, East and West that have lured millions the world over to this mystifying kingdom. Journeying from Tokyo to Kyoto, Japan’s new capital to the old, is like traveling in a time capsule. The stark contrast from Tokyo’s ultra-modern cityscape of dense crowds and skyscrapers to Kyoto’s serene, traditional atmosphere of cobbled streets, wooden homes and classical Japanese Gardens is nothing short of startling. We catch a glimpse of Tokyo’s electrifying nightlife and modern day Japanese culture. Travel back in time in Kyoto visiting its ancient shrines and strolling through the stunningly quaint Gion District reminiscent of Old Japan. And Soak up Nara’s heritage setting wandering through Nara Park known for its 2,000 plus free roaming deer and the impressive Todaiji Temple.
Next up. China. Starting with Beijing, China’s present and ancient capital, we visit a few of the country’s most revered sites so symbolic of China. Take a tour of the legendary Forbidden City and catch a glimpse of life as an Emperor. Stroll the grounds of the world’s largest city square at Tian’anmen Square. Relax in the tranquil setting of the Summer Palace of intricate landscape and classical gardens. Marvel at the architectural masterpiece of the stunning Temple of Heaven formerly privy only to the Great Emperor himself. Last but certainly not least, climb the magnificent Great Wall of China that has served as the symbol of China for over two thousand years. Then, travel west to Xian. An ancient capital where Chinese civilization flourished dating back several millenniums. We visit the awe-inspiring Terra-cotta Warriors, a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of the first Emperor of China. These massive tombs were filled with life-size figures buried with the emperor in 210–209 BC whose purpose was to protect the emperor in his afterlife.
We conclude this fascinating journey with Shanghai, an international shopping, gourmet and entertainment Mecca that has the world at your fingertips. Visit The Bund, an emblem of Shanghai, with a riverfront promenade along the eastern side offering a captivating view of the city’s skyline; Yu Garden, a majestic classical garden inspired by the Ming and Qing Dynasties; Tianzifang, an artist colony nestled inside the city famed for its Old Shanghai Shikumen houses in a laid back atmosphere of quaint art galleries and sidewalk cafes; and Jade Buddha Temple, home of the mesmerizing jade statue of Sakyamuni from Myanmar.
From ancient traditions to dazzling nightlife. Stunning skylines to breathtaking snow-capped mountains. Imperial Palaces to futurist skyscrapers. Your most unforgettable journey awaits.
- Economy Class Air via All Nippon Airways / UNITED from USA
- All air & ground transportation per itinerary
- 14 nights Hotel Accommodations per itinerary
- Hotel Breakfasts Daily & other meals as specified per itinerary
- Airport transfers in Japan upon arrival and departure by private taxi & shared shuttle van, respectively.
- Private airport transfers and sightseeing in China
- Separate baggage transfer (1 pc/person) between Tokyo & Kyoto
TOKYO (3 nights)
- 3 nights at Grand Pacific Le Daiba | ANA InterContinental (Superior) | Cerulean Tower Hotel (Deluxe)
- Half-day Private Walking Tour of Tokyo with visits to Meiji Shrine, Tsukiji Fish Market & Sensoji Temple
- Shinkansen (Bullet train) Ride between Tokyo and Kyoto
KYOTO (2 nights)
- 2 nights at ANA Crowne Plaza | Hotel Royal Park (Superior) OR Hotel Okura (Deluxe)
- Half day private walking tour of Kyoto visiting Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-Ji (Golden Pavilion) & Gion District
- Half day private walking tour of Nara visiting Nara Park, Todaiji Temple & Kasuga Shrine
BEIJING (3 nights)
- 3 nights at Park Plaza Beijing (Superior) OR The Regent Beijing (Deluxe)
- 2 full days of private sightseeing including the Great Wall at Mutianyu with Cable car ride, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tian’anmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Hutongs by Rickshaw.
- Evening Legends of Kung Fu Show
XIAN (2 nights)
- 2 nights at Sofitel Xian Renmin Square (Superior) OR The Westin Xian (Deluxe)
- Tang Dynasty dinner and cultural show
- Full day private sightseeing including the Terracotta Army excavation site, Yangling Tombs, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, City Museum and the City Wall
- Tour of Night Market at Muslim Quarters
SHANGHAI (3 nights)
- 3 nights at Renaissance Yu Garden (Superior) | Swissotel Grand Shanghai (Deluxe)
- Full day private sightseeing including the Bund, Yu Yuan Garden, Shanghai Museum & Urban Planning Exhibition Center
- Evening Shanghai Acrobatics Performance
Day 1 Depart North America
Depart USA for Tokyo via All Nippon Airways / UNITED
Day 2 Arrive Tokyo
Upon arrival, be met and transferred to your hotel by private reserved taxi for your next 3 nights’ accommodations.
Day 3 Tokyo
Today, enjoy a full day walking tour of Tokyo accompanied by your private guide (using public transportation). Visits include Tsukiji Outer Fish Market, the revered Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Kannon Temple and its colorful Nakamise Shopping Arcade, and the awe-inspiring Tokyo SkyTree, the highest self standing tower in the world. (B)
Day 4 Tokyo
Full day free at leisure to explore Tokyo on your own. (B)
Day 5 Tokyo / Kyoto
Transfer to Tokyo Station or Shinagawa Station on your own and board your bullet train for Kyoto. Upon arrival, be met and commence sightseeing of Kyoto visiting Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle and Gion District. Check-in at your hotel in Kyoto for your next 2 nights’ accommodations. (B)
****Note: separate baggage transfers between your hotels in Tokyo and Kyoto are included. Bags will be delivered on the same day.***
Day 6 Kyoto
This morning, we travel to the outskirts of Kyoto to Nara, Japan’s first Capital from 710-784 A.D. and yet another UNESCO World Heritage Site. We visit the awe-inspiring Todaiji Temple famed for being the world’s largest wooden building that houses the country’s largest Buddha statue, Deer Park where over 1,000 free roaming deer abound, and Kasuga Taisha, one of the most celebrated Shrines in all of Japan. Return to Kyoto and enjoy the balance of the afternoon at leisure to soak up Kyoto’s serene atmosphere. (B)
Day 7 Kyoto / Beijing
Transfer to Osaka airport by shared shuttle van (non-private) for your flight to Beijing. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. (B)
Day 8 Beijing
A full-day city tour today visits the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, the Temple of Heaven and Tiananmen Square. Tonight enjoy a Peking Duck dinner followed by a spectacular Legends of Kung Fu Performance. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Beijing
Today visit the spectacular Mutianyu section of the Great Wall with Cable Car ride. After lunch at a local restaurant, return to Beijing City and enjoy a tour of its Old Quarters (Hutongs) by rickshaw visiting a local family residence, Bell & Drum Tower. (B,L)
Day 10 Beijing/Xian
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Xian. Upon arrival, commence city sightseeing of the Yangling Tombs and City Wall before checking-in to your hotel. This evening (time permitting), enjoy a stroll through the colorful Night Markets at Muslim Quarters . (B)
Day 11 Xian
Today’s full-day tour includes the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and the tomb of the Emperor Qin Shi Huang Di with its terra cotta army and City Museum. Lunch at Terracotta Museum or at a local restaurant. This evening, enjoy a Tang Dynasty dinner and cultural show. (B,L,D)
Day 12 Xian / Shanghai
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Shanghai. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. (B)
Day 13 Shanghai
A full day tour visiting the Old Town and its Yu Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, Shanghai Museum and Tianzifang Art District. Lunch is served at one of Shanghai’s exclusive restaurants located on The Bund. This evening, enjoy a breathtaking Shanghai Acrobatics Performance. (B,L)
Day 14 Shanghai
Full day free at leisure to shop or explore Shanghai on your own. (B)
Day 15 Return Home
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight home. (B)
|2017/18 Air and Land Price Chart (Prices valid through March 15, 2018)2017/18 Air and Land Price Chart (Prices valid through March 15, 2018)|
|Land Only||SFO/LAX||NYC / CHI||Single Supplement|
|January – February ’17||S||5,325||6,875||6,975||1,725|
|July – August||S||5,275||7,275||7,475||1,675|
|October – November||S||5,425||6,975||7,075||1,835|
|December* ’17 – February ’18||S||5,325||6,875||6,975||1,725|
|Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate|
- Prices are per person, based on double occupancy
- Price includes all entrance fees, hotel taxes & service charges.
Price excludes personal expenses, beverages, gratuities to guides and drivers
- Land-only price includes China Domestic Airfares only (excludes flight between Osaka and Beijing)
- Holiday surcharges at hotels applies for stays during Dec. 24 – Jan. 05. Contact us for details.
- For Air & Land Option:
- When Trans-Pacific travel takes place on a weekend (Fri-Sun), add $50 per person each direction.
- **A peak season airfare supplement of $500 applies for departures between December 14-26
- U.S. & Foreign departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are not included (Approx. $400 – subject to change)
- Add-on fares from/to eligible connecting U.S. cities to the above gateways are available. Please contact us for fares & availability.
- A visa is required for China. NOT included in package. Passport must be valid at least 6 months from date of trip return
- For additional details of this trip, please refer to our Tour Itinerary page
- All flights, hotels and land services are subject to availability at time of reservation
- Full day of tour of Mt. Fuji and Hakone
- Bullet Train ride between Hakone & Kyoto
- Full day excursion of UNESCO Kyoto and Nara
Tour of the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall
- Tour of Beijing’s Old Quarters (Hutongs) by rickshaw
- “Legends of Kung Fu” Performance
Terra Cotta Army excavation site in Xian
- Dinner & Cultural Show at Tang Dynasty Theatre
Evening Shanghai Acrobatics Performance
Price Starting From: $6,245
“It was a wonderful experience to have a private tour. The guides and drivers were very good and helpful! The trip was exactly what we had planned.”